Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer is flashing the OE erorr code
, i cant open

Customer Question

Customer: my washer is flashing the OE erorr code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i cant open door,and when i push the pause button it just chimes and dose not open
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So the door won't unlock because it's not draining properly--that is what the error OE means. So the first thing you need to do is unplug the washer and remove the lower access panel on the front of the washer. There is a 3" hand twist drain cap behind this. You'll need to unscrew this drain catch and check for debris. Be sure to have a wet vac ready or have lots of towels ready because all the remaining water in the tub will come flooding out when you remove the cap. If you find debris, then remove it and you should be good to go again.

If you've you've checked the drain catch and hoses and they are not clogged, so you need to actually remove the drain pump and see if anything is jammed inside the pump itself. If you find nothing, then the drain pump will need to be replaced. To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. There is one screw down at the filter catch you need to remove as well. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch on the left side next to the left side panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.