Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Whirlpool microwave that is 3 months out of

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool microwave that is 3 months out of warranty. I keep getting error messages saying open door, close door, check time, etc. The light in the micro is off when I open the door. This appliance has not been used that often only to heat 3-4 minutes. The lock is not on. Can you give me some advice?
TR43036917
Model # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion..

**Hi. Do you happen to have a multi electrical meter?

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do. Hope you can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have an multi elec. meter.

can you look at the model number once again please there is no model of WMH5352065-1 the closest I come to it is WMH53520CS1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are correct. S looked like a 5. Better get my eyes checked!!

Ok You have three door switches on this model.

I suspect that the secondary switch is faulty it is not telling the control board that the door has been open ,so the control tells you to open and close door.

And the secondary switch is also what turns the interior cavity light on when the door is open also.

The secondary switch is the bottom one of the three door switches .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/W10269460/1550018?rcaid=1000070

The three door switches are mounted to the right of the door and to the left of the touch pad. to gain access you need to remove the top grill above the unit and then the screw on top of the touch pad ,then the console will fold down and the door switches are on the left.

If you have any questions just reply back.