John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My Amana A2RXNMFWB01 refrigerator wont turn on. What can I

Customer Question

My Amana A2RXNMFWB01 refrigerator wont turn on. What can I do to try and get it to turn on?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a hand me down and I decided to plug it in last night after months of it sitting in my garage unplugged. It has been plugged in for about 26 hours and is till not cold. The light does not come on when the fridge is open as well. I checked the outlet, and it has power. Any steps I can take to try to get it to turn on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-26b2MKr5zX25RZ0RxSXpGcHM/view
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Make certain you have the cold control turned on, and dialed to a setting. Do you hear any clicking sound, when you plug it into the wall receptacle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I made sure the cold control was in the on position (12 o'clock is off and I have it pointing at 6 o'clock).No clicking sound when I plug it in. If fact, it never makes a noise. Its as if its still unplugged. Also, I mentioned the light in the fridge part does not turn on as well...
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

If you know how to test for voltage, using a volt meter, I think you should make sure the power is getting to the power junction connector. I've seen times when a problem like yours is caused by a break in the power cord, especially at the power cord plug.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any instructions I can follow to ensure the fridge is indeed receiving power using a volt meter (youtube video, article, how to ETC...)?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Your latest question makes me think you don't have any electrical testing experience. There is a shock hazard involved with such testing. I'd like to make another suggestion, which will accomplish our goal. If none of the interior light bulbs work, freezer or reefer, remove the light bulbs in the reefer section, and install them in a table lamp. If they light up in the lamp, the problem with the reefer/freezer is most likely a bad power cord. Once again, I'd suspect a wire break at the plug. Next, replace the plug, which is available at any hardware store or building supply store. If that doesn't get the unit running, replace the whole power cord.