Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My dishwasher is heating up the water, however it sounds

Customer Question

my dishwasher is heating up the water, however it sounds like the water does not get pumped around in the cycle. The dishes are not getting clean. I took the bottom water blade off and did not proceed any further. Any suggestions?
Respectfully,
Jeff Struck
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MD87609AWW2
Type # *****
Ser-F04422557

Thank you the model number is ***** not MD8

So once the unit fills with water the water circulation pump is not running?

Do you have a volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it to be able to do any component or voltage testing?

And if you press cancel once will the unit then drain the water out of the unit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have a volt meter. I am not sure about hitting cancel and the water draining out. I do know that the water drains out once the cycle is completed.

ok so that tells me that the drain pump is working and the issue is the water circulation pump.

After the unit fills for the 2 minutes do you hear the water circulation pump even trying to run ? humming sound from under the unit

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did ask my wife and she stated that the water does drain out if you hit cancel.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just hear a humming sound. I think the sound starts when the pump should be starting up. Is the pump something a non-professional could replace?

sure the pump can be replaced with basic hand tools .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Circulation-Pump-Motor/W10757216/4179391?rcaid=1000070

here is a video showing how to replace the pump . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRxJy2IUE8

If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks JA, I appreciate your help.Jeff Struck

always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.