Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My steam washer fills the soap dispenser with water and

Customer Question

my steam washer fills the soap dispenser with water and doesn't dispense the soap. I have removed the soap drawer and checked for blockage but all is clear. Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

You were on the right track, there is definitely a clog. That is the only thing that would create this scenario. So to start, pull the dispenser out as far as you can. There is a plastic locking tab you can push down on at the back of the dispenser. Push this down and the drawer will pull all the way out so you can see if anything is blocking the outlet near the back. If not, then pull the entire washer forward. There are 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Remove these screws and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can disconnect the hose between the tub and the dispenser and look for anything inside the hose blocking the water from draining. Usually there is a bleach cap insert or a detergent cap insert or something like that.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have removed the top panel and found four lines going into the dispenser unit and they are not easily accessed and are attached with strong metal clamps

You need to remove the large accordion hose coming from the dispenser to the outer tub. It's about 2 or 3 inches in diameter. yes, the clamps are difficult to remove, but that is the only way to remove the hose and remove the blockage.