Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We own a Whirlpool model LSC8244DQO washing machine. The

Customer Question

We own a Whirlpool model LSC8244DQO washing machine. The machine will not spin or agitate. When in the spin or agitate cycle you can hear a spinning and slight rattling noise. There is a small pool of yellow tinted oil on the floor under the center of the machine. I think the transmission is defective; am I correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Very unlikely that it is a gearcase /transmission issue.

I would suspect the motor coupler is broken between the motor and the transmission.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967?modelNumber=LSC8244DQ0&ss=a11b5d111985&mr=1?rcaid=1000070

This link also gives you a step by step installation of the coupler kit .

If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

if not if you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.