Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator Model No 795.72053.110.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator Model No 795.72053.110. I am having issues with the ice. When I select the ice option, the cap does not lift up so the ice is not able to flow out into the glass.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there is an ice chute flap motor inside the dispenser that is supposed to open when you push the ice dispenser paddle to dispense ice out the door. If the refrigerator is trying to dispense ice but it's jamming up in the chute on the door, you know that all your switches and such are working which means that either you have a broken lever between the flap and the ice chute motor, or the motor has just failed. You'll need to get inside the dispenser to inspect but below is a link to the ice chute motor if needed.

CLICK HERE for ice chute motor

To get inside the dispenser, start by grabbing the ice chute funnel above where you place the glass. Squeeze this funnel from the right and left side to unclip the locking tabs up above the funnel and then the funnel will pull down and off. Look for a screw going up into the control panel coming from below and if you see one, remove it. Otherwise, just grab the bottom of the front dispenser display with your fingers and pull straight forward to unclip the display and remove it. It's clipped in quite well so you must pull rather hard, but it's just clipped in place. After that everything is straight forward and you'll see screws that you can remove to remove brackets and whatnot.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot remove the funnel. There are actually 2 funnels - one metal and one plastic (they are inside each other). Which one do I squeeze?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Part 278D on the diagram in the link below.

CLICK HERE for diagram