Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a mink aire remote that used to dim the light and now

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and I have a mink aire remote that used to dim the light and now it won't so you have to have the light on full bright or take out the bul bulb
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the remote controls the fan fine, but if the all switch is on...required for power, you cannot dim the light with the remote or turn it off...so if the bulb is in it and you want the ceiling fan on, you have to have a very bright light on as weel well the battery is fine. It works the fan fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the remote turns the light on and off but won't dim it, the issue is not with the remote but with the receiver. It will probably need to be replaced.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THere is a number on the remote hopefully that is what you want and it is CHQ8BT7053T
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is just for the remote, the receiver is in the fan itself. I will need either the model of the fan as a whole unit or a number from the receiver inside the fan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't find a model number on the fan it is on the ceiling...any idea where on the fan it would be?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is usually on a small tag on the fan motor, usually on the top so it is out of sight from below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oK i GOT IT 011843
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now what...that is the model number. THere is nothing yet to rate.