Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Need instruction on adjusting gas regulator GE Profile Stove

Customer Question

Need instruction on adjusting gas regulator GE Profile Stove top.
After my wife smelled a small amount of gas the gas company came out and said stove is not burning all gas. Technician acted like it should not put out that much pressure. After burning on high for about 2-5 minutes it calms down. I would like to know if the picture I attach are the regulator and if so how do I adjust the flow. I assume some hex wrench maybe goes in the hole left when I remove the brass nut, but it is within 2" of cabinet so my allen wrench set won't fit if that is even what is required? Please see pictures I tried to provide enough so you could identify the regulator and provide instruction. Home was built in 1997 and this was original stove top.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was confused as to which account I used so I was delayed in uploading pictures of regulator.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I uploaded a couple additional pictures that show what I think is the regulator from a different angle.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your cooktop

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

Good set of pictures, however those regulators were never meant to to be adjusted. It sounds to me like the regulator is sticking causing the irratic behavior you were decscribing. Your only option here is to replace the regulator.

We are on the honor system here. So please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.