Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

I was using the in convecton oven and it stopped working, I

Customer Question

I was using the in convecton oven and it stopped working, I then tried the stove top and it would not turn on at all. I went and checked the breakers and they were still on. I kind of new this because because the oven fan was still on. I can turn on the oven and it lights up like it is working but it is not. Is there A fuse somewhere in or on the oven or range top? Any other suggestions? I really cant afford to call a repair man..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

** Do you happen to have a electrical multi meter?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I guess not what is that
Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

Its for test power. What I would like you to do is the go back out to your breaker box and turn off the breaker and then turn it back on. I know you said the break was still on. But sometimes they look on but really are not.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have a friend who is an electrician but I wont be able to talk to him until tomorrow
Ok
Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

That's is fine. But first try the break.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Done no different
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The clock works
Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

OK. Without a multi meter its going to be tough to figure out. The only other thing I can suggest is to pull out the range and unplug it. And follow the cord back to the range and you should see a panel that can be removed where you can see where the cord connects to the range and see if the cord looks burnt.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did pull it out but i know that there is electricity because the lights work on the on the clock the clock works and oven lights come on it just doesn't heat up or work
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is it possible that I'm not getting enough electricity because I obviously have electricity. I'm really pretty dumb at this stuff
Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

This is a 240 volt electric range. That mean you have 2 legs of 120 volts coming into the unit. That's how you 240 volts. Chances are you are only getting one leg coming into the oven and only allowing the clock to work and nothing else.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
is this something you think my electrician can fix? Unfortunately I'm going through a very bad financial time right now and he would be able to probably help me for next to nothing. If that is it will he need a part?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sean I did pull the oven out but I did not remove the box on the back of the oven. If I do is that where the wire would be burned out?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
is that it ? It says that i have paid so we are done
Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

Yes. Now that box should only have one or two screw holding it on. I don't want you to mistaken it for the whole back panel. If you do not see burnt wired we will then need a electrical multi meter. Don't forget to unplug it.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

No where not done. I won't hit finish on my side until we find out what is wrong.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

we're not done. Sorry for the misspelling.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

From my understanding you have a friend that has a meter but you won't talk to him until tomorrow. So if you don't find any burnt wires we will need the meter. But if you do find a burnt wire let me know. I will be stepping away for the rest of the day and will check back in later.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

Was your friend able to check 240 volts at the incoming power?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 12 months ago.

I am taken since I have not heard back from you the problem was not getting the correct power.

Could you please rate my service.

Thank you Sean

Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Please rate my service.

Thanks Sean

Expert:  Sean F. replied 11 months ago.

Please rate my service