Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frizer works refrigiretor frozen

Customer Question

frizer works refrigiretor frozen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

If the refrigerator is too cold, the problem is going to be with the damper assembly itself. The damper assembly in the upper back left corner of the refrigerator has the thermistor built into it as well so either the temperature thermistor isn't reading properly (which is unlikely if you replaced it), or the damper isn't closing to block the air off. Either way you'll want to replace the damper assembly if the refrigerator is freezing things. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for damper assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.