Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have the exact same problem as outlined on this page but i

Customer Question

Customer: i have the exact same problem as outlined on this page but i cant read the answer becaiuse this pop up is blocking it!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher will not start. The child lock is lit up next to the heated dry button as well as the heavy wash light is on. I have tried holding down the heated dry button for 3 seconds as I read that should disable the lock. However, it is not disabling it. When holding down the heated dry button a small c and a capital L flash on the electronic display and that is all that happens. The lock light stays lit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can I get the full model number to better assist you? That should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door (not on the door itself).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have attached a picture of the label that i hope contains the model number.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It does, MDB6601AWS. Thank you. To remove the control lock you should just need to press and hold the Heated Dry button for 5 seconds and then you should be able to use your dishwasher like normal again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that didnt work
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If that didn't work then your control board isn't working properly. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes and try again. if it still won't work, the control board has failed and would need to be replaced I'm afraid to say.