John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Here. I have Whirlpool Accubake Duo Imperial Series stove. I

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** ***** here. I have Whirlpool Accubake Duo Imperial Series stove. I am having trouble lighting the oven. Sometimes it lights and sometimes it doesn't. I think it may be ignitor? I hear the clicks and it stops and if I open oven door I do smell the gas. It will not light after that. There have been times when I have unplugged the unit and vacuumed behind and underneath and tried again and it will light. It actually has been a couple of years. I can go weeks/months and it lights and then it doesn't. It would not light last night and again this morning, but I did check and the broiler lit.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have Whirlpool Accubake Duo Imperial Series stove. I am having trouble lighting the oven. Sometimes it lights and sometimes it doesn't. I think it may be ignitor? I hear the clicks and it stops and if I open oven door I do smell the gas. It will not light after that. There have been times when I have unplugged the unit and vacuumed behind and underneath and tried again and it will light. It actually has been a couple of years. I can go weeks/months and it lights and then it doesn't. It would not light last night and again this morning, but I did check and the broiler lit.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/3w3lg-whirlpool-accubake-gas-stove-burners-ignite.html#ixzz3yAo9kCKq
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?