Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire model PLEB30T8CCB OVEN ACTS AS IF IN CLEANING

Customer Question

Frigidaire model PLEB30T8CCB
OVEN ACTS AS IF IN CLEANING MODE, but is not locked and show F8. Fan is running, but cannot reset or cancel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F8 means that one of your oven door latch switches has shorted. The cooling fan is running because the oven isn't sure if the door is latched or not. The latch motor and switch assembly is actually on the BACK of the oven so you'll need to pull the oven forward and remove the entire back sheet metal panel. The motor will be toward the top of the oven cavity on the back of the oven itself and you'll need to order and replace this part to resolve the issue if flipping the circuit breaker off or unplug the oven for 5 minutes doesn't reset the electronics. Below is a link to the door latch assembly you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for door latch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the instructions clear and appropriate.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Perfect, thank you. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.