Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a miele s2121. I was using it, then I turned it off.

Customer Question

I have a miele s2121. I was using it, then I turned it off. Then it would not turn back on. I left it off for a long time (hours). So it's not overheated. Is there anything else I can try?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The problem is likely within the cord or the switch, the two most common places to have problems with power. Does the switch feel and different from when it worked before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. The switch seems fine. Oddly, I pulled a Fonz and knocked it once on the side with my palm. Seemed to have gotten working again. Any thoughts why that might have worked and if its permanent?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is a loose wire or switch that has contact trouble. There are so many possibilities that it will be very difficult to determine until it fails again and it can be disassembled and tested with a meter. Nice job on the "fix" though, I always tend to use too big of hammer and destroy things...