Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Curtis -- Windsor Vermont. I did a load of wash and now the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Curtis -- Windsor Vermont. I did a load of wash and now the door won't open. I've had it unplugged for an hour or more. ?????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: First I did a load on regular cycle 52 min. When I checked it a couple hour later the door wouldn't open. ...... Thinking maybe it didn't rinse I turned it to drain and spin and ran it through THAT cycle. At the end of that cycle it wouldn't work either. A few months ago I had problems with certain cycles and have been just running it on the 52 min. one I had a repair guy here. He put in a new part concerning the door.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

If the unit still has water in it, the door lock will not release for obvious safety reasons, if the washer is draining properly then the door lock has failed and it will need to be replaced, try unplugging the unit for a few minutes restore power and immediately hit the cancel button to cancel cycle if there is water in the unit it should try to drain, if there is not water in it the door lock may open, if not, you will have to manually unlock the door and replace the door lock. If you give me the model number of the washer you have I will be glad to tell you how to manually unlock it and give you the replacement part numbers if needed.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!