Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does the code F6 E1 tell you about washer

Customer Question

what does the code F6 E1 tell you about washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this error is a very bad error code because it means that your motor control board isn't communicating with the machine control board. One of the boards is defective or the wires are not securely plugged in. You'll need to order and replace the control board in order to fix the issue. The motor control board is located below the tub mounted to the floor below the tub. Just remove the 3 screws coming in from below the lower front panel and then the lower front panel will remove so you can see and replace the motor control board if you wanted to replace the part yourself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?