Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****. i'm cooking with an old Jenn Air

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****. i'm cooking with an old Jenn Air range - electric oven. It's just given me an F9 error code Can you help me figure out what's going on?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm not sure what kind of details you want. I was baking a pie at 425. The oven seemed to be working fine for about half an hour. Then this error code. I turned off the oven because I got scared.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today.

So F9 means that your door latch has failed which can be tricky depending on the state of your oven right now. If the door is locked shut, let the oven cool down and see if it'll unlock. Now flip the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven for 60 seconds and plug it back in to see if the latch will unlock. If none of that works, there isn't anything you can do but replace the door latch assembly.

Now if the door is open already then great, just let the oven cool down and if the error doesn't go away, replace the door latch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, Tyler.

No problem. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?