Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a Maytag dryer (model MED7500YW) that is not getting

Customer Question

Customer: We have a Maytag dryer (model MED7500YW) that is not getting hot anymore. The dryer turns on and runs, just doesn't heat.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We checked our breakers and fuses and didn't see any issues there, which was the only troubleshooting step in the manual.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So the most likely case is that either the high limit thermostat is tripped or the element has failed. You'll need to pull the dryer out and make sure you're getting 220 volts coming in from the back of dryer from the power cord. If so then remove the rectangular access panel on the back of the dryer to expose the element. There are 2 black round thermostat mounted to the element and one has a button on the center of it which you can push to reset if it's tripped. Push this and if it clicks then you should be good to go again. If that doesn't work, then replace the heater which comes with the 2 new thermostats. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for element

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Tyler. I'm sorry for the delayed response, we hadn't gotten a chance to deal with this over the past week. We have ordered the part and will get back to you once it is installed and the dryer is hopefully fixed.

ok...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Tyler,
We have confirmed using a multimeter that we are getting 200V out of our outlet (about 116 from each side) and have now bought and replaced the part you suggested. However, the dryer is still working properly except without any heat.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Kelsey
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you still need assistance?

And if so you will need the Volt-Ohm meter to test fro voltage on the heater circuit at the control board.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would still like assistance. I have a volt-ohm meter.

ok give me a few minutes to read over all replies on your post.

Ok have you run the unit and tested the voltage out of the control board to the heater circuit? test R1 to LT and R2 to LT

you should see voltage there with the unit running.