Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave GE wave 3 started beeping and flashes POP 1

Customer Question

Model JE1455L003
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not and POP 1 keeps appearing on the display, then either the touchpad has failed or the control board has failed. You'll need to unplug the microwave again and uninstall the microwave completely if it's installed. Remove all the screws around the border coming in from behind the microwave holding the outer shell on. Also remove the 2 screws coming in from the left and right side at the bottom and then the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off. Now unplug the ribbon cable connecting the touchpad to the back of the control board and plug the microwave back in. If the same beeping and POP 1 appears on the screen, the display board needs to be replaced. If the beeping and the POP 1 do not re-appear, you need to replace the touch control pad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?