Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Samsung Refrigerator/freezer (side by side), The

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Refrigerator/freezer (side by side), The freezer has stopped working. The repair man told me the freezer fan was the issue. I replaced the fan/motor, but it did not fix the problem. side note, the ice maker stopped working as well..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Well the tech that diagnosed the issue was partly right and also wrong, if the fan is not running in the freezer that will cause the unit to not cool properly, but the fan was not the right part to replace, the fact the ice maker is not working should have been the clue that gave it away but anyhow the main control board is what sends voltage to those parts, so if you replace the board they will work properly unless there is a wiring issue that is causing the issue but that is not very common:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: DA41-00524A

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.