Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

GE gas stove. I cleaned my GE gas oven the other day and now

Customer Question

GE gas stove. I cleaned my GE gas oven the other day and now whenever I want to use the oven the "clean" light comes on and I can't use the oven. How can I fix this? Rosalie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

First try killing power to the unit at the breaker for a few minutes then restore power this may reset the control if not try the following:

Follow the steps below to reset your control:

With the door open, locate the door jamb switch on the face of the oven.

It will look like a small black post or dowel. Push it in until the oven cavity light goes off, indicating that the oven believes the door is closed.

While you hold the door jamb switch in this position, complete the following steps.
Press the Clean pad, wait 10 seconds.
When the cycle initiates, press the clear/off or cancel pad immediately to cancel it.
Wait 10 seconds for the display to clear.
The door should unlock,

If this does not work you will probably want to call a tech out because it will need to be examined to see if the board has failed or the lock mechanism has failed.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.