Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech at Appliance Repair
92140848

Water is not descending. I changed filters,but fridge was

Customer Question

Water is not descending. I changed filters,but fridge was without filter for a few days. New filter is in, but water not despensing.
Submitted: 10 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

* Can you please provide the full model number on the unit. You should find it in the fresh food section of the refrigerator.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The model # ***** *****
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** replaced the filter with a GE brand filter?

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Will you please remove the filter to see if it filled water. If it did fill with water we know the water valve is good. Let me know what you fine.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I replaced it with the same # ***** the one that was in there....WSG-1, and yes the new filter has water in it. Now on me....
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Ok, next what you need to do is to open up both doors and remove the kick plate at the bottom of the refrigerator. Some just pull off others have a screw at each end. The you will see a white/clear tube coming out of the bottom of the freezer door. follow that hose about 3-4 inch's until you get to a quick connector. You will need to push in on the tip of the connector and pull on the hose. After you have done so get a bowl and close the doors and hold that hose in the bowl and push in the water switch like you are getting water. Tell me if you get water to the bowl.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for delay, I had to turn attention to another matter. Kick plate is off, and I see what you want me to do, but at my age and lack of knack for this type of thing, I feel I should hold off until I can get a neighbor to give me a hand. If it is ok, I'll get back to you at that time......probably toward late morning tomorrow. Let me know if that is ok.
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Sure that is fine. Have a good night.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Were you able to get a neighbor to come help?