Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an old Hotpoint that has stopped getting cold. Both

Customer Question

I have an old Hotpoint that has stopped getting cold. Both freezer and reg section are warm. The fan is still running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

* Can you pull the unit out from the wall please. We are going to check to see if the compressor is running.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I am alone. never mind. Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you find the compressor to be running, you have a sealed system issue that will require professional repair. If the appliance is more than 10 years old, I would not recommend investing that much into repairing it. Sealed system repairs are very expensive, about $300 + parts.