Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I can't get the black hose off the drain pump on a lg top

Customer Question

Customer: i can't get the black hose off the drain pump on a lg top loading washer, suggestion?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am replacing the drain pump on a lg top loading washer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

Hello, have you tried using a flat head screw driver to loosen the hose up? That usually gets the hose started enough that it will come off. A pair of channel locks clamped on with a slight turn will normally break the hose free as well.

I work on the honor system here. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your screen. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off.

Thanks!