Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I have a Maytag french door fridge (a few years old). Do not

Customer Question

I have a Maytag french door fridge (a few years old). Do not see model number anywhere. Ice Maker not working. One night when we ran out of ice when entertaining, I filled the bin with bagged ice to have ice available to dispense (do not recall overfilling it or doing anything to cause damage). Has not made ice since. Looking for some troubleshooting tips. Thank You.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be doing my best for you ok is the ice lever down on the icemaker

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thanks for quick reply. Yes it is.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

No problem ok those icemaker generally last a few years can u acces the back of the fridge and remove the bottom cardboard or sheet metal cover one simple test

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try to do so and write back once I have. Thanks
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Ok ill be on standby sir

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Shall I remove plate on lower right side? Safe to leave plugged in while doing so?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Hi yes it ok to leave plugged in remove the bottom panel its the whole with of the fridge

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Is somebody else ther as it will take 2 people one in back and one in front to do the test

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just me. Shall I write back later today when someone else may be home?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Hi ok im a 100 percent sure that icemaker is bad again they last a few years if your lucky i suggest replacing the icemaker this will fix your issue. You can order it at www.repairclinic.com they ship out the same day. Please rate me as this is how i get paid for my service. Should you need any other help just send me a reply .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
With all due respect, I won't be paying to be told that it needs replacement with no practical diagnosis. Thank you for your time all the same.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 10 months ago.

Hi with all respect we can definitely do the test by removing the rear fridge cover when you are able to have somebody there but on maytag that icemaker 95 percent of the time it goes bad 5 percent that its a faulty water valve although it hPpens but again icemakers are 2 to 3 years then they stop producing ice when the freezer is at 15 degrees or below the icemaker signals for water from the valve .the icemaker does everything .it has a built in thermostat when it goes bad the icemaker is done.