John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kitchenaid electric oven display is reading "Enter probe

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****; Kitchenaid electric oven display is reading "Enter probe temp or remove device" - this is an error. How can I remove this message and return to normal display?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Stove is Kitchenaid Model KESS907SSS00
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you in fact have the meat probe plugged into the receiptical on the interior oven cavity?

If not have you recently cooked some thing in the oven that produced a large amount of steam?

And do you have the meat probe for the range if it is NOT in the oven at this time?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have not used, in fact do not have a meat probe. There is a jack in the oven.

Ok and you have not selected a convection bake cycle for this to appear on the display?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is correct. I am home now so can reply in a more timely way.

ok so you do not have the probe for the oven ,did the display show Enter probe temp while the oven was in use or did it happens when the oven as not in use?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When the oven was not in use

ok Lets first try this , take a straw and stick it close to the opening in the oven wall for the probe jack and blow into it ,then try the oven and see if it still shows enter probe!

Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just tried that. The display remains.

ok lets try one other thing Before we order a part .

turn the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes or more this should reboot the electronic control board if your lucky.

Let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, will do

ok if after you power it back up and it still shows the probe error the main control oven board will need to be replaced .

It is behind the console and under the cooktop .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/W10181438/1455823?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Power back on. Message remains. Even if I ordered part, I believe it would require a professional installation. Correct?

That just depends upon how mechanical inclined you are!

If you feel it is beyond your ability , only you will know that.

It can be replaced with basic hand tools.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As it turns out, we managed to restore normal settings without ordering a new part. I just needed to give it some time and try various controls on a "try and see" basis.

so the powering it off for over 5 minutes worked then?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Other controls needed to be activated.

What other control?