Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Frigidaire Affinity front load washer that I bought

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Affinity front load washer that I bought new in Jan 2012. The model # ***** ***** It quit working when the plastic door latch broke off inside the locking mechanism. I took the module apart and removed the broken piece of plastic. I ordered a repacement latch, but when put on and shut door, the washer starts to release water for only a few seconds then stops. I then replaced the locking module with a new one, but now it still does the same thing. Either the module I replaced is bad out of the bag, or there is a reset protocal that I don;t know about.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 10 months ago.

No reset protocol on these units. The lock is bad or a connection on the lock or board is loose.