Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My gallery freezer temp has been rising from 0 to as much gh

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My gallery freezer temp has been rising from 0 to as much high as 20 in the past 24 hours
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The temp reading goes up and down if I open the freezer door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
FGHB2844LF5
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok

So the first thing you'll need to d is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to look at the silver coils behind the panel to determine what the frost looks like. Are the coils lightly frosted from top to bottom? Packed with frost/ Some frost on top but not on bottom? etc...

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
temp is reading 15 now

ok that doesn't change what you need to do.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
that will take some time so if i shut it down for a while maybe the "freeze over" will clear like with an A/C??

It may yes, If so then you need to plug it back in and wait 15 minutes to see what the frost looks like.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok will try that because it did go down to 0 and then a couple hours later it shot back up to 15 and rising now at 15 again
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The erratic temperature fluctuation is indicative of control issues. Of course, that is dependent on the amount of product in the freezer. If it is nearly empty, that would not be that odd. The product helps to maintain the temperature. Does it fluctuate that much when loaded with food? If so, the control will likely need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE