Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 2012 side by side Samsung ice maker stopped producing

Customer Question

My 2012 side by side Samsung ice maker stopped producing ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

If your "ice off" light is on, you just need to press and hold the ICE TYPE button for 5 seconds and that should remove the ice off light. If not then you can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If that still doesn't work then you need to replace the dispenser control board because it has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?