Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am looking at a Gaggenau 480/481 oven. I'd like to use it

Customer Question

I am looking at a Gaggenau 480/481 oven. I'd like to use it for dehydrating and go down to at least 100 degrees. From the manual, it looks like there is no fan in the two modes that go down all the way to 85 degrees. Is that correct? If so, is there a way to turn on the fan in these two modes to get the air circulation that is needed for dehydration?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is correct there is no way to go to 85 and unfortunately there would be no way to turn the fans on for those modes. It just is not designed to do that.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the lowest you can go with the fan on?

The lowest should be 180

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual says 120. It won't go that low?

You can try it bu often the fans will not come on till 180 on most models, it depends on your series/serial number your fans may come on at 120 but that would be the lowest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I find out which series/serial number turns on the fan at 120?

Do you have your serial number?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I haven't bought one yet. I am thinking of buying one soon. Why does the serial number matter?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

If it is brand new it would not matter it will come on at 120.