Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

FREEZER FAN RUBBING FRONT PANEL & MAKING MAKING SKRAPING

Customer Question

FREEZER FAN RUBBING FRONT PANEL & MAKING MAKING SKRAPING NOISE. hOW TO STOP IT?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

The fan certainly shouldn't be rubbing on the panel and if it is, it means that either too much frost has built up behind the back panel and needs to be thawed out with a hair dryer, or your fan blade has slide off the shaft of the motor a bit and you need to push it in harder onto the shaft to get it closer to the motor again.

Now to remove the back panel you'll need to remove all the shelves and bins inside the freezer and remove the screws going into the lower back panel inside the freezer. Then pull the lower back metal panel out of the freezer to see the fan motor and see exactly what needs to be done.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?