Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****. Lightening recently struck close to

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. Lightening recently struck close to our house and caused some electrical issues. An electrician came out to check circuits and in the process discovered our dishwashers (2) took a power surge and are not functioning. They are both GE Quiet Pwoer 3 Model number GLD5960N10SS. Can they be repaired or do they need to be replaced?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have two dishwashers in my kitchen - opposite sides of the sinks. Both are plugged in to dedicated outlets. The outlets have tested out but the dishwashers are non-functioning. According to our electrician, the dishwashers were "fried" when a power surge from a lightening strike knocked out our electricity. Can they be repaired or do they need to be replaced?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

To start, there are no fuses or resets on this dishwasher that would stop the dishwasher from running. These dishwashers can be repaired however, but the only good news is that both the touchpad and control board are all one assembly so if you're sure the dishwasher is getting 110 volts from your house, it means that your control board would need to be replaced because it shorted out. Below is a link to the board which is about $130 if you wanted to replace the part yourself.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?