Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I can't get my Maytag 2000 laundry washer to start. E1 & F6

Customer Question

I can't get my Maytag 2000 laundry washer to start. E1 & F6 are flashing.What should I do?Its a condo model. Thank you in advance
Ralph L. ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning!

Hello, and thank you for using Pearl.com. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to start, E1-F6 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you need to replace the MCU because it's not sensing the proper signal to the CCU. The MCU is specific to your model number and the model number is ***** on a sticker just inside the door way. The cost of the part is usually about $200-250.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?