Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an unusual question. I own a Kenmore Electric Range

Customer Question

Good Day,
I have an unusual question. I own a Kenmore Electric Range model(###) ###-#### ***** was cleaning the electronic face of the controls and the lock became engaged. I am unable to get the Range to unlock. I have tried the suggestions in the book, but no success. I was wondering if the is a way to reset so that the range will be unlocked.
Thank You
Cindy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you see a pad lock symbol on the display board or does it show LOC or Lock or anything like that on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point it is locked with only the time showing. It previously displayed the LOC icon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also got an F90 code.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F90 means that your door latch assembly has failed. That is why the oven won't work. Unfortunately the latch has just failed and would need to be replaced to resolve the error and then you can use the oven again. This is not an issue you can just reset.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler, thanks for the answer, but we were able to reset the oven and it is working fine.