Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do i reset the timer on my bosch dishwasher? its stuck

Customer Question

Customer: how do i reset the timer on my bosch dishwasher? its stuck on 1 initially now its stuck on 3
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it had error 24, i cleaned it out good ran it on rinse and it then had a leak from me not push the drain hose althe way in. dryed up the water and unplugged it. waited a bit plugged it back in . the timer was at 0000 so i ran the rinse cycle. it stopped at 1 sec now somehow its stuck at 3 secs andi here the pump running the washer has lots of water in it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

So the leak could have filled up the flood pan below the dishwasher tub causing the drain pump to run and drain all your water out. Now you said you hear the pump running so you need to determine if that is the drain pump or the circulation pump. If you're not getting an error code anymore then open the door and see if there is water in the tub. If not, add enough hot water manually to cover the floor inside the dishwasher. Close the door and continue the cycle. Wait 5 minutes and open the door. If the dishwasher drained all the water out then you're in flood mode which means that you have water in the flood pan below the dishwasher so you'd have to tip the dishwasher forward to drain the water out of the pan.

Now if the dishwasher has water already or it does not drain the water out in 5 minutes after you add it and continue the existing cycle, you just need to wait and let it run for a couple house to see if the water heats up and completes the cycle. If it doesn't complete the cycle then open the door and confirm that the water is not getting hot. The reason the dishwasher stops at 1 minute is because the dishwasher is waiting for the water to heat up to 162 degrees and on these Bosch dishwashers the heater relay on the main control board tend to fail and stop sending power to the heater which means that the board needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.