Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bryan. I have a Maxima Maytag dishwasher or washer that's

Customer Question

Hi Bryan. I have a Maxima Maytag dishwasher or washer that's washer and I turned it on last night without turning the water on. Now it's just humming a pretty loud home the door is locked and the machine doesn't do anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Your washer is just in flood mode because it tried to fill for more than 5 minutes and never reached the proper water level. It will do nothing but drain for about 30 minutes which is why you hear it humming right now. Just plug the washer back in and wait 30 minutes and then it'll finish the flood sequence and unlock the door so you can use the washer normally again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.