Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I tried warming the arm. even took the ice maker out and

Customer Question

I tried warming the arm.
even took the ice maker out and took the arm off. The arm moved way down but then back up to the top. put it all back together and I am still not able to lower the arm.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately the icemaker has just failed. There isn't anything you can do to get it to reset, these icemaker don't disassembly so you can't get inside the head to slip the arm gear or something like that. The icemaker would just need to be replaced so below is a link to the icemaker you'd need to order in the link below.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why would it just stop

Not to dumb it down too much, but everything just stops eventually. In general, Samsung icemakers are probably the most problematic icemakers in the entire industry. They tend to fail often and usually with no warning. They fail in many different ways whether the arm gets stuck in the up position, or the tray gets stuck in an 45 degree angle, or a sensor fails or whatnot---they just fail often.