John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Chas, my name is. I'm having a similar issue to this guy

Customer Question

Customer: Chas, my name is***** having a similar issue to this guy http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/8gyjq-whirlpool-cabrio-dryer-wed6200sw1-will-not-start-door-light.html#re.v/456/
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I'm composing my question. I've used JA many times, thanks for the tip though
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dryer wouldn’t start, was displaying diagnostic code F1. I replaced the thermal fuse and did all the troubleshooting steps prior to replacing the main board. I replaced the main board (machine control electronics assembly). It still wouldn't start after replacing that, and the diagnostic code (don't remember) indicated to replace the user interface assembly. That still didn't solve the issue.Currently, the dryer will not RUN. After I turn it on with the power button, then press the start button, the "sensing" light comes one and nothing else happens.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Diagnostic mode will enable, getting the "88" -- door tests ok (beep when open during test mode), moisture sensor tests ok (beep when connected by one finger). When I step thru the code history (pressing same button as I did when starting diagnostic mode) I get a "Pr" for a second then it switches to "23"
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was going to step through the diagnostics on the tech sheet next, hoping to avoid it if possible. If it'll save a service call, then I'll do it :)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I press the "start" button in diagnostic mode, I get a "C5" in the console.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
So you have replaced the main control board on the top left side, the front user interface a thermal fuse .

And now when you power the unit up select your cycle and options press and hold start the sensing light comes on does the time display count down or after a minutes does it stay on the same time?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Woody.Model wed6200sw1. I'll do this test later today and get back to you.

ok no problem!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I thought I submitted this response yesterday. hmmm...Anyway, the timer DOES count down after I press the start button.

ok since you have replaced the control and the thermal fuse .

you either have a belt that is off making the belt switch open or you have a failed drive motor.

But voltage comes out of the control board goes to the thermal fuse then to the belt switch to the motor and to the door switch .

You have replaced the control board and the thermal fuse ,you have tested the door switch so you just have the belt switch or the motor left.

open the dryer up raising the top and removing the front panel to check the belt and connections on the motor.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm at work today, I'll do this when I get done working later. Thanks for the help.

ok I figured as much!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why is my question closed? I still need help with my dryer and I haven't gotten an answer yet.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. I can't access through that link. Can you tell me about your problem?