Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have An lg top load washer and it went thru the whole

Customer Question

I have An lg top load washer and it went thru the whole Cycle and turned totally off. the outlet is working but the washer is not turning on and the door won't open either
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the drain pump has burned out or went bad the unit will not turn on. You should manually drain it and check the drain pump as you may have a bad one and need to replace it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You didn't answer as to how I get it to unlock so I can get the clothes out that are in there

The door lock should unlock after you get the water emptied