Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My L G microwave has stopped heating it is about 6 yrs old

Customer Question

My L G microwave has stopped heating it is about 6 yrs old can it be repaired we are in secret Harbour Perth
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So yes, the microwave can be repaired, but I'll worn you that it may not be worth it. If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $150 so depending on the condition of the microwave, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it. Also, it will require you to un-install the entire microwave and remove the outer shell in order to access the magnetron for replacement so if you called a technician out it would be another $150 for trip and labor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you for your help

Not a problem and good luck to you!