Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Dacor Pinnacle Raised Vent system model RV46. It

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Dacor Pinnacle Raised Vent system model RV46. It acquired it from previous homeowner. It was not working and a year ago the control board was replaced. It worked for about 10 months and then stopped midway up. When the "raise/lower" button is pushed, I hear humming but nothing else. We now replaced the control board AGAIN along with the keyboard and keypad. It STILL only hums. Thoughts???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When you push any other buttons, nothing happens. There is no obstruction. The filters are clean.What more can I tell you?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 10 months ago.

hello , humming indicates that the lift motor is receiving power..it is either defective or seized up ...the blower motor and front panel need to be removed to access ..the lift motor turns a gear that raises and lowers the ram ..ive seen some that just reqd a little oil ,others the motor was bad ..the fact that it hums indicates that the power is there ..its a bit of work to get in that area ,depending on the venting and if shelves in the way