Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool dishwasher arms aren't spinning to clean the

Customer Question

my whirlpool dishwasher arms aren't spinning to clean the dishes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be locatedon a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Also, is the dishwasher filling up with enough water to cover the floor inside the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
du920gwdb0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK and does the dishwasher fill with enough water to cover the floor inside the tub when you open the door? Also, when the washer should be washing do you hear the motor running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no and yes
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well if you don't have enough water in the dishwasher that will definitely stop the washer from spraying water properly.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer, the control board, or your float switch is stuck in the up position. It sounds like you've checked the float switch already so if the switch checks good we can move onto the valve or the control board. Remove the kick panel below the door and look under the dishwasher and if you don't see any wires unplugged then you will likely need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad. If you don't get 120 volts, then you need a new control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.