Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Burkett. Whirlpool Gold Elec. Oven Microwave combo
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Burkett. Whirlpool Gold Elec. Oven Microwave combo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oven latch came off, pulled it out of cabinet, replaced latch. now error E1 F2. did I short the control board?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

This isn't a shorted control board, this means that the touchpad isn't being detected by the display board. Check the ribbon cable between the touchpad and the control board and make sure it's it's connected securely. If it all checks good then you need to order and replace the touch control panel, not the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.