Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

J and I have a Dovre DV425L propane stove and am trying to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi - ***** ***** J and I have a Dovre DV425L propane stove and am trying to see where or if I can get parts. I think the thermocouple needs replacing. Pilot keeps going out?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This stove has a standing pilot and it simply will not stay lit. It will light and the stove will fire up and run for 20-30 minutes and then it will go ut and the pilot will also
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is starting and heating well for 20 minutes then shutting off, it is not likely a thermocouple issue. If the pilot goes out with the burner, it is probably air flow related. Does the pilot light right back up when it goes out and stay lit until it goes out at the next heating period? As for the thermocouple and the thermopile generator, you can use universal ones available at any Lowe's or Home Depot.