Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

, GE profile washing machine giving code "a problem has

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: GE profile washing machine giving code "a problem has been detected with this unit" and I cannot enter field mode to see what the problem is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Frist, lets see what error you're getting and reset the issue. On the Help Screen press My Cycles and Back at the same time until it enters diagnostics. This will provide info on problem. The display should tell you what is going on with your washer. You can press My Cycles and Back when the the screen displays "A Problem has been detected with this Unit" to enter diagnostic.

Also, from the Help Screen you can press Start/Stop and Help to run some test.

Spin Cyle, Continouse Spin, Fill/Drain/Spin, Program Cycle, Spin/Brake,LQC Spin, Test Load, and LQC Alpha.

Reset the error and try the washer again. Sometimes the error just occurs but it's just a false error so resetting it will resolve the issue. If not, then pulling up the error will tell you what is wrong with the washer.