John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a ge portable dishwasher GSC3500V00WW I just

Customer Question

I have a ge portable dishwasher GSC3500V00WW I just purchased off a lady said it was working just fine. However dishwasher not draining. I hear the motor running during the wash cycle but Im not hearing anything during drain cycle. Ive tried turning dial manually to get t drain cycle not sure when that starts. I have motor out now and looked at impellar everything seems to be working fine and spinning. I sucked out some water through hose so I know the check valve is not stuck. If motor is working for washing then it should be good for draining correct?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 10 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This model has a electrically operated drain solenoid .when the motor is running in a drain mode this solenoid is energized thus opening the pumps drain port and that allows the pump to pump out the drain water.

I suspect either you solenoid is faulty or in moving the unit you could have moved the unit in a way that the wires to the solenoid have come loose or the it has jammed the solenoid.

Remove the bottom two dishwasher panels and then you will have access to the pump and the solenoid to operate the unit to see what is happening under the unit.

Here is a video talking about the drain solenoid , You do not need to disconnect ANYTHING at this time the video is to just shoe you what and where the drain solenoid is located .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbyCamzQbBs

If you have any questions just reply back to me.