Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Maytag comerical washer sensing light on and lid lock

Customer Question

Customer: maytag comerical washer sensing light on and lid lock clicking every 15 seconds
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: will not start cycle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thankyou for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your washer

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

It sounds like you have a bad lid lock. There is a test procedure you can run on the machine if you want to try that first. If you have not found the service booklet for your machine, it is located on the inside of the front of the washer. If you lift the top up on the machine, (watch video) it is taped to the inside on the left side. Inside you will find the test procedure to try if you do not want to just replace the lid lock.

click for procedure

Here is a video on the repair procedure of the lock

click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.