Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung NE595ROABSR Oven isn't working..didn't after

Customer Question

Samsung NE595ROABSR
Oven isn't working..didn't after something was burned in the broiler...main has been replaced
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So it sounds like your thermal fuse (thermostat) has likely failed from the oven overheating due to the broiler burning something. You'll need to pull the oven out and make sure you're getting 220 volts to the oven and not just 110 volts to start. if that checks good, unplug the oven and remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel. Remove the back sheet metal panel and look for a small quarter sided device with 2 wires going to it. That is your thermal fuse. Test continuity through it and if it doesn't have continuity you need to replace it. Attached below is a diagram and part 16-1 is the thermal fuse you're checking.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thermal fuse replaced...still nothing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK then what do you mean by "not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No oven display at all..stove top working only..not even oven light when ipens
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the fuse is good then you need to make sure the unit is getting 220 volts. if so, then you have a shorted control board. Nothing else would cut out the display.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just replaced control board. Idk
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You're missing something then because there is nothing left but the control board, fuse, and power to the oven.