Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I bought a used Samsung Rf263aebp for $380.00. When we got

Customer Question

I bought a used Samsung Rf263aebp for $380.00. When we got it home we plugged it in and it began beeping and the display flashed. Then it stopped and the display read Pc, Er. I tried several things that were suggested online. I called the Sears repair line and we had a technician come out. He said it needed a new main control board. He gave us a $800.00 estimate to fix it. He advised that they did not make the control boards any more and that if you sent it in to be refurbished he had found that they last for 90 days, guaranteed time to work, and then fail. He said we should just junk the refrigerator. More research showed that I can get a main control board for about $130.00 and my husband can install it. The question , is it worth it. I have found many complaints about this model and Samsung. Not sure if we should even spend any more money. I ruptured a disc in May and wanted to get a refrigerator that was easier for me to access. With the new computer boards on refrigerators are there any that are reliable?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 10 months ago.

well if you can get the control board at repair clinic - click here they give you a 1 year return guarantee on any part for any reason so you can start there. None of the boards on any model french door refrigerator is gonna be any better or dependable to be quite honest, they all have issues and prone to power surges. If you buy an appliance surge protector that will save the boards from surges and will help them to last longer.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask in the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.